Wednesday, July 29, 2015

One Last Knit Skirt

I have to wear jeans for work (going up and down ladders in skirts just doesn't seem like a good idea to me) but if I'm not at work I live in skirts. So about a month and a half ago I went to Jo-Ann's armed with coupons and wanting to round out my summer skirt wardrobe. I've already posted about my maxi skirt and the knee length square skirt, the last skirt I made that weekend was McCall's 6654 view F. 

The skirt itself if a very simple A-line ending just a bit above my knee. 

It's comfy, looks good with a t-shirt, and took only 1 yrd of fabric. It was quick and easy to sew and I didn't have to make any modifications for fit. I do have to wear a slip to keep the lace strips from being see-through, but Western Washington doesn't really get hot enough for layers to be a problem, even in the summer. This skirt is pretty much a winner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment