Tuesday, February 10, 2015

ArtChain Day Four

Today I decided to totally mix it up. Instead of my usual fiber related clothing type craft, I'm showing you paper flowers for #artchain day four.


A couple years ago in a fit of insanity/boredom I decided to make some paper flowers. I had been seeing a bunch of internet tutorials and it looked like a fun way to pass an afternoon. I picked out four tutorials, only two of which seem to still be available. I made standard paper roses, calla lilies, spiral roses, and kusudama. I picked up a paperback book at Goodwill for $2.00. I don't remember the name, I just know they had three copies and it was 600 pages of nice thin paper.

I really meant to just make about 30 or so flowers, enough for one vase-full to put on my dining room table. But then I thought they looked a little boring in plain white so I started dying the paper. I used tea, coffee, and some undrinkable bad red wine I had in the fridge. By the end of the weekend, I had about 300 flowers in varying shades of pale pinks, creams, and browns. I don't feel bad about it because I only spent $2.00 on the whole project. Everything else I had around the house already.



This isn't even all of them here, I have more in a box in storage. I keep these on a shelf in front of my window in the kitchen. I would have taken a picture of them there, but it was too dark by the time I got home from work. A decerning eye might notice that you could see some of them in yesterday's picture of my dress though. All in all, it was a slightly ridiculous, but very enjoyable and inexpensive use of a weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment