Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Still Plugging Away

It's been nearly a month since I posted and in that time I have not finished a single project; a state that I find very frustrating.

I've been steadily chipping away at wedding projects. I made more paper flowers but y'all have seen those already so I didn't feel like posting them again.

I've almost finished my petticoat. It just needs some sort of ribbon of something on the lower edges because even though the nylon tulle won't unravel it looks really unfinished with nothing on the hem.

I have nearly finished a corset, I'm just hand sewing the eyelets now, I hope to have it done by the end of the week.

When the corset is finished I can then start drafting a pattern for my actual wedding dress. I didn't want to start working on it before the foundational garments are done because that seems like a recipe for disaster.

All in all, I know progress is being made, but it isn't happening very quickly and I'm starting to get anxious. I've been having nightmares where I wake up, it's my wedding day, and I haven't done anything more than what is currently done (picture a room with only half the tables sparsely decorated, no food, and me in my (admittedly elaborate full coverage) undies.

I know I will get it all done, I just need to spend more time working on it. Oh if only I didn't have to go to work all week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment