Friday, June 24, 2016

Sweater Weather?

A couple of weeks ago it was 90 degrees out and I was totally desperate to do something, anything, that had nothing to do with my wedding, so I finished knitting a wool sweater.

It was way way way too warm to wear a sweater, so I put it on for, like, 30 seconds, snapped a picture and called it good. 

I haven't posted about it until now because I kept thinking I would take the time to take a better picture, but I haven't gotten around to that yet, so no good picture for you :)

Anyway, I am very pleased with the final fit of the sweater. It has a hi-low hem which I'm not sure I really like, but it is super duper comfy. I think of it as the sweatshirt sweater because it's that level of comfort, but just by being a sweater it looks 10x more professional. It's hard to tell in the picture because the lighting is terrible but it's a nice gray-blue color. The yarn is Brooklyn Tweed Loft (the fancy 100% USA made yarn I talked about a while back) and the pattern is Brooklyn Tweed Gable. It was a total snap to make, wonderfully mindless. All in all a great mental break from wedding projects.

Now that I've gotten it done I am throwing myself into wedding stuff with a renewed vigor and determination. I've got 1 month to get everything done

No comments:

Post a Comment