Saturday, January 30, 2016

One Year Anniversary

Cate's Crafts turned one year old yesterday. I meant to write a post, but I sort of forgot. It doesn't seem like a year has past already. I'm happy to report that I feel pretty successful with my stated goal of improving my "grown-up" wardrobe. I've got plenty of shirts to wear to work, although I would like to add a few more long sleeve button ups to the mix. I've got cute outfits to wear on weekends, and date nights. It seems like it has been a couple of months since I've looked into my closet and despaired because I had nothing to wear. All in all, I'm going to say I achieved my goal. 

Looking forward into the year to come, I think I'm going to be doing a lot more home decor sewing, I need pillows, curtains, a duvet cover, ect so look for posts like that. I'm also going to be doing a fair amount of wedding-focused crafting, for example, today, I am making paper flowers so you will see a post about that soon (and for more immediate pictures check my Instagram).

I also am going to be focusing on my fiance's wardrobe. I no longer feel like a ragga-muffin when I leave the house, but his clothes are in a pretty sad state. He has a tendency to get attached to particular clothing items when means that he wears them to bits, but then he keeps wearing them because he doesn't want to get rid of them. It is, frankly, embarrassing when he goes to his mom's house in pants that are full of holes and a sweater that got shrunk in the wash. I want to tell her over and over that I am capable of dressing him better than that. Of course, just because I make him nice things won't mean he stops wearing the tiny sweater because he likes that sweater, but I can at least try.

No comments:

Post a Comment