Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Quick Update

Sorry for the radio silence, work and life have both been nuts, and will continue to be for at least a few more weeks.

I've finished the wrap dress, I am very happy with how it came out and I will be posting pictures soon, probably this weekend.

I've also made a nice full slip, out of a knit and I will be posting about that as well. I will not be modeling it however, it seems far too much like posting pictures of myself in my underwear (even though it covers more skin than a great deal of dresses that I've seen).

And I've started knitting a linen sweater, even though I've still got half a sock and the orange wool cardi on the needles, because I'm having some project ADD apparently.

Today I got the fabric for another new outfit. Next Wednesday I will be taking the sewing test to try and opt into a higher level prereq class in the hopes of getting everything done in time to start the Apparel Design program at Seattle Central this fall. If I can't get into this class I won't be able to start the program until September 2016 because it only ever starts in the fall. That would be a bummer.

There is nothing I'll have to do during the test that I haven't done before, but I've never done it with someone watching/judging me, so I'm rather nervous. Even though I'm sure that what I'm wearing won't matter I still feel like I could use the burst of confidence that a new outfit will bring me. Plus, it really can't hurt.

I went to Jo-Ann's armed with my coupons and dreaming of red wool and polka-dots. I'd been thinking about buying this red wool for about two months now, but when I got to the store I found the color was darker/rustier than I remembered, and they didn't have any polka-dots with a white background like I wanted. I ended up getting a hot pink linen-like (but actually rayon) fabric for my new skirt, and a teal and white quatrefoil pattern for the shirt. They look surprisingly fantastic together. I'll post pictures of them eventually too, but I popped them in the wash as soon as I got them home. I'm hoping to get everything cut out, and possibly even the skirt made tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment